Sing it with me… “Both a little scared, neither one prepared, Jessica and John…“
Luckily, this past weekend we were able to help this lovely couple get a little more “prepared” for marriage at Jessica’s, “ Beauty and the Beast” themed bridal shower!
Such a fun (slightly warm) August afternoon filled with crepes, games, red roses, and lovely ladies ready to shower our bride with love (and kitchen utensils!)
The mirror menus…
Try the grey stuff…. it’s, well, you know!
And of course the sparkling enchanted rose! And books, duh!
Wanting to have a little fun with our quirky bride, I photoshopped a beautiful stained glass portrait of the happy, magical couple! Jess and her beloved beas… I mean, John….
For the games, we kept them short and sweet!
Game#1: Who Has the Groom?!
So simple and so funny! Basically, you pass out an envelope to every guest, tell them to open the envelope on the count of 3, and whoever has a picture of the groom…WINS!
The fun part is making all the “rejects”.
What you need:
- Glue stick
- In the program Word, I found a picture of a tuxedo, copied it 4 times to a page, and printed as many as I needed.
- Then I found images online of famous actors, animals, Disney characters, and some pics of the bride’s family, and of course, the groom, printed them out and cut out their heads!
- Then, I glued the heads to the tuxedos.
It was fun coming up with all the rejected grooms, you can get really creative!
(It just so happened that the mother of the bride opened the picture of her own husband (the father of the bride)!!! True love…..)
Game #2: Lighten the Load! (that’s not the best name… ok, this game doesn’t have a name)
- Premise: The bride and groom are on their way to their honeymoon, but are running late! The airline says the bride’s suitcase is TOO HEAVY for baggage! So in order to make their flight, the bride must put on as many items as she can from her suitcase in 2 minutes!
- Oh, we blindfolded her for extra fun!
- The shower guests write down how many items they think she will get on in 2 mins, the closest to the correct amount wins!
- Hats, ugly dresses, socks, thongs (sandals), necklaces, the other kind of thongs, snuggies…. Throw them all in there!
Our bride went for the “everything on her head” method! 14 items after 2 mins! Way to go!
We love you, Jess and John! Cannot wait for the big day!