While mama has been quickly expanding around the mid-section (and other areas), we have been getting everything prepared for our quickly expanding family!
It took a while to get around to it (this is, of course, the 2nd kid), but we finally finished the nursery! Luckily, big sister was so excited to move to her purple, big girl room, that she willingly gave up her old room to her little bro… No drama for this mama!
Since my hubby’s first car was a vintage ’67 mustang, we decided that a car themed nursery would fit us just right! We even framed a couple pics of my hubby’s first car to hang in the room.
Luckily, we had enough time in advance to refurb at least one piece in the nursery. My mom found this “well-loved” dresser at a garage sale. We just taped off a few areas and painted it with matte gray-blue paint.
We found a plastic grill at a local swap meet, and decided to “faux” it to make it look like rusted metal. This is seriously so easy, and you can do it on cardboard letters or anything you want to look like old metal.
All you need:
- Metal colored spray paint (or just acrylic paint)
- Paintbrush or sponge brush
- Spray or paint your item. While it’s still wet, sprinkle cinnamon on the paint, heavier on some parts, lighter on others.
- Take a paint brush or sponge and lightly press in the cinnamon.
- Layer with paint and cinnamon as you see fit
- You should probably seal it after… I haven’t done that yet…
No before pic, but it was shiny silver plastic…
Lastly, as a very special present, my mom made a custom cross-stitch pillow that says our boy’s name! (big sister also had a custom g-ma pillow in her nursery too!)
We are happy to get this checked off the list! Next item…. labor I guess….